Thursday, February 24, 2011

Pathos of Garth Books the Dance

Looking back on the memory of the dance we shared beneath the stars above for a moment all the world was right how could I have known you would ever say good bye and I Im glad i didnt know the way it all would end the way it all would go.  Our lives are better left to chance I could have missed the pain but i would have had to miss the dance. The song is a deep and emotional look at the way one feels after having a love one pass.  In my opinion the emotion Mr. Brooks is trying to get from these line is the feeling we all get when we think about if we could have time back with our loved ones how we might change somethings we may have said or done.  This song was played at a close friends wake, and all i could think about is if I could hae just a moment back with him I could let him know how I felt and tell him everything I needed to.  Unfortunatly we dont get that moment to make things know so we should always let our loved ones know everychance we get that we loved them and how we feel, tomorrow is not promised to any of us so we need to take advatage of the time we have.   I think we can all share the feeling of regret when we lose somebody close to us.  I think this song is the perfect song to be played at funurals or wakes.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Josh,

    I like the detail that you include about "The Dance" by Garth Brooks. It's a great, timeless song.

    One thing to note is that when you include quotes (e.g. and lyrics), separate them with quotes marks; otherwise, you are assuming these words as your own. I'm certain you didn't know.

    I hope to see this kind of analysis in the second written assignment.

    Ms. C

    ReplyDelete